Select Page


Funding for Military Students


Funding for Military Students

Please contact our admissions office to assist you in how as a military/veteran student or dependent, can get started with your degree.

Veterans’ Educational Benefits
If you have not applied for your Veterans’ Educational Benefits, please visit

Post-9/11 and VA Chapter Benefits
Under the new Post-9/11 VA chapter benefits, effective August 2009, eligible students can get their tuition covered up to the cost of tuition and fees, in addition to receiving housing and book stipends.

Reactivating Veteran Benefits
If you are coming back to SU or have already used your MGIB benefits at another college; you must reactivate your Chapter benefits by filling out an application for Change of Place of Training or Program (form 22-1995). Take the completed application to Services for Veteran Students.

Tuition Assistance Procedures
Visit your local Education Service on Post for guidance to apply and use TA. GoArmyEd instructions to apply:

Several options are available for military dependents including using benefits transferred to them from service members. Discuss MYCAA and other financial options with your representative during your career counseling session. Apply:

Vocational Rehabilitation
Visit your local veterans‟ service office for details.
After you have apply for your Veterans‟ Educational Benefits, turn in your application (letter of eligibility), and your certification form (VA 22-1999) to Veterans‟ Services or your admissions advisor before class starts so you can start receiving your education benefits.

Steps to Federal Student Financial Aid

  • Your admissions representative will schedule a financial aid appointment with you to determine what you are eligible or qualify for. You will be required to apply for a pin number and file your FAFSA with the financial aid office.
  • Get free information and help from our financial aid office located at 1414 Geronimo Dr, El Paso, TX 79925, point of contact Angela Olivares, VA School Certifying Official (915)778-4001 Or for more information on financial aid contact the U.S. Department of Education at or 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
  • Collect and take the documents needed to apply, including income tax returns of most recent year* and W-2 forms and other records of income may be needed. For a complete list of what you may need for your application can be located at
  • Within a week the U.S. Department of Education will send a copy of your Student Aid Report or Award letter. The financial aid advisor will contact you to meet with you and go over your Award letter for any questions or clarifications. Please note that we might request additional information in case of a student verification or correction;

Timeline for Applying

Please be sure to respond and submit all documentation required by the deadline discussed with your VA/financial aid advisor. The deadline for completing the financial aid process and or/ turning other required documentation for VA funding is three days after start date of your program of study, for more information on calendars dates including start and end dates please follow this link under School Calendar and Start and End Dates.

After you have completed your financial counseling sessions, the Admissions Office will notify you of available orientation dates. Orientation is mandatory for new students.