Associate Degree in Nursing
98 WEEK DEGREE PROGRAM
The Associate Degree of Nursing Program at Southwest University at El Paso is a 15 term program of study that leads to an Associate of Applied Science Degree upon completion.
This program prepares the graduate for the NCLEX-RN examination, which is a requirement for licensure and is administered by the National Council for the State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
The curriculum at Southwest University at El Paso School of Nursing is designed with a block of content framework. The courses are structured in a manner that delivers the material from simple to complex. Nursing skills are divided into two courses and are taught before clinical or simulation entry. The design of the program focuses on the for roles of a nurse as expressed by the Texas Board of Nursing: Provider of Patient-Centered Care, Member of Health Care Team, Member of the Profession, and Patient Safety Advocate.
The major concepts of health promotion, disease prevention, and disease management are incorporated into each course. The nurse utilizes a systematic framework for assessment, planning, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Eligibility to sit for NCLEX Licensing Examination
- Direct bridge to BSN program to complete Bachelors online in as little as 14 months while working as a Registered Nurse.
- Course required resources provided (iPad, Books, and Scrubs)
- State of the art technology to include VR lab and High Fidelity Simulation Lab
- Course Catalog
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (RN to BSN Bridge)
48 WEEK DEGREE PROGRAM
This program is designed to prepare Registered Nurses with an Associate’s Degree in Nursing to advance in their nursing Career, and be proficient to participate at different levels of leadership within their nursing practice and as part of the Health Care Team.
This is known as a RN to BSN degree. The program emphasis includes Evidence Based Nursing, Critical Thinking, Leadership and Management, Gerontology, and Public Health/Preventive Nursing.
The program prepares the Nursing Professional to give a high-quality of care to patients, but also provide a high-quality customer service.
- Transfer credits accepted
- Bachelor’s degree in as little as 14 months
- Direct Care Experiential Learning
- Online Program to accommodate the working professional Nurse
- *All that is required is a current RN license approved by your state