Effective Date of Current Policy: February 21, 2018
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
SU may collect the following information about users:
- Personal information: Certain services, such as the Request Information Form, to which you may gain access through the SU Website, may require you to provide personal identifiable information. SU may utilize such personal identifiable information to respond to your inquiries. Furthermore SU may request to send you information about the program(s) requested and information pertaining to the university.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- communication directly related to events such as: registration reminders, deadlines or other important information
- Adjusting the SU Website and Systems to user needs and improving our service and for the customer service assistance needed to prospective students;
- Generating data and reports about usage of the SU Website and Systems and its content;
How We Disclose the Information We Gather
We reserve the right to disclose such information to any third party if we believe that we are required to do so for any or all of the following reasons: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal processes or governmental requests; (iii) to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the SU Website and Systems or our network; and/or (iv) to protect the rights, property, or safety of SU.
We may share the information we gather with third parties, including our Affiliates or Partners, to perform functions and provide services to us including, without limitation, outreach and assistance to you with regard to selecting a program of interest, completing an application, and other related activities.
Admissions Texting Policy
SMS text messaging is an effective channel of communication that SU provides to current and prospective students. Students who have opted in to this service will receive communication directly related to events such as registration reminders, deadlines or other important information that may be considered critical and/or time sensitive.
You may receive periodic texts. By completing the information process, you are acknowledging that you consent to this Policy.
All mobile information you share with SU will remain confidential and will only be used by SU representatives. SU and its respective staff do not share phone numbers with external sources.
SU does not charge you for sending information via text messages. However, standard text messaging rates from your wireless carrier still apply. Check with your mobile operator for details on receiving text messages (SMS).
- Verizon Wireless
- T-Mobile ‘T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages’ (recommended to place below the supported carriers list.
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the https://southwestuniversity.edu/ website (the “Service”) operated by Southwest University (“us”, “we”, or “our”). Please visit the following page for terms of servicehttps://southwestuniversity.edu/terms-of-service/
*SU may make changes to this policy to comply with necessary technological, legal, and regulatory requirements.